translate

Friday, March 14, 2014

confession #4: i love fairy kei for its 80s/90s aspect!


Dear fairies,

I <3 the 80s part of fairy kei, and if there wasn’t any 80s inspiration, I’d probably never do fairy kei XD Honestly, what is fairy kei without the 80s aspect??

Ever feel like you were born in the wrong decade? Well I should’ve been born in the 70s so I could live in the 80s! I love the fashion, music, movies, TV shows, cute toy franchises, and pretty much everything 80s pop culture. When it was pick a decade day at school, of course the teachers were telling me I looked like Tony Basil or Cyndi Lauper!

For the longest time throughout my life I’ve been wanting to wear 80s clothing! Finally I found fairy kei which gives me the “excuse” to wear 80s style all I want despite many people having a distaste for 80s fashion >3<

Tights, buttons, legwarmers, large bows, side ponytails, scarves, cute socks, cardigans, suspenders, high tops, fake glasses, cute skirts. 

These are all the things I love to wear which makes fairy kei the perfect style for me!

It wasn’t the girly colors or even the cuteness of fairy kei, but the 80s style which now has me hook line and sinker!


~Sparkling Ga Eul

2 comments:

  1. I also like fair kei for that aspect But not only that, I guess I like everything in this fashion ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do like the cuteness aspect of the style, but I guess I've never been one to gravitate towards pastels and such. I do lolita occasionally, but it's funny because I don't wear sweet lolita. My favorite lolita style is classic lolita and I usually wear colors, like red, brown, gold, and ivory.

      Delete