translate

Saturday, March 1, 2014

confession #2: i don’t follow western fairy kei trends


Dear fairies,



So, for my second confession, I have realized, over the years, that learning about anything is best to go to the place of origin!


Therefore, I think it’s safe to say that the Japanese are the ones with the best inspiration in fairy kei considering that it is a Japanese style. So, my research and inspirations come from all Japanese women and girls, such as Spank! girls and other fairies who are just lovers of the fashion.


One Japanese woman, in particular, is a huge pioneer when it comes to fairy kei ! Her name is Tabuchi Sayuri. If you dont know her, then you should! She is the founder of Spank!. To me, she is the mother fairy, and I look to her whenever I am in a fairy kei outfit predicament (colors, accessories, pieces, hair, etc).

This is a picture of Tabuchi Sayuri surrounded by 80s cuteness ^_^


~Sparkling Ga Eul


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about Tabuchi Sayuri. I guess it's time to make a little research ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Well I'm so glad I could tell you about her ^_^ She's so great! I draw much of my inspiration from her since she truly has her own style. I will also be hopefully doing more posts about fairy kei designers in the future.

      Delete