translate

Friday, February 7, 2014

confession #1: yes, i'm new to fairy kei


I found fairy kei fashion a few months ago and I was taken in completely by the fashion for its cute 80s/DIY style elements. I may be new to the fairy kei fashion, but I have been a Japanese fashion enthusiast for nearly 7 years now. 

This is my blog on my own thoughts and adventures in fairy kei and Japanese fashion. I’m hoping that anyone reading this will not only enjoy and benefit from my own posts, but will share any thoughts, ideas, experiences, and pictures with me! I think it may be helpful to those who are stuck or unsure in how to go about fairy kei as well!


I am also an aspiring theatre costume designer and Japanese fashion has always been one of my guilty pleasures.


Please feel free to submit a fairy kei related questions, pictures, thoughts, ideas, DIY pages or experiences to me!

Also, I will call all fairy kei girls “fairies” because it’s fitting, so darn cute and I absolutely adore fairies!

Now for my first confession of many to come! 

Yes, I had only been aware of fairy kei for only about four months or so when I began this blog on Tumblr. With that said, I don't claim to have an amazing wardrobe or that I am fairy kei expert. But I have definitely done much research and tried my best to understand fairy kei. So, hopefully this blog will show my own progression and be a help to those new (or even not so new) to fairy kei.

I hope to give my own and ideas on fairy kei through this blog, and while I think I have good points to make, again, I dont claim to be an expert at all! There is still much for me to learn and I want so much for other Japanese fashionistas to see what I have to say and maybe learn from me too!

~Sparkling Ga Eul

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog very much! I'm thinking about wearing fairy kei and it's helpful for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so very much for the compliment ^_^

      I have seen you and you would look so adorable in fairy kei~ Please share some outfit pictures with me if you decide to try out the fashion!

      Delete